My Instagram Feed

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vintage Sale

Last weekend I went with my sister-in-law to a little market she created with some friends. They've been collecting vintage clothes for a few years in the hopes of re-selling them at a later stage. She asked me to come along, and suggested I try selling cupcakes. I happily agreed, and after many long and stressful weeks with my normal job, I was able to do a trial run, and come up with some interesting flavours to sell. The week before, I ended up not having any work (the nature of my job, when it rains it pours, but then there are really dry spells in between), so I dug out the sewing machine and finished off some projects I had going, and started a few new ones to bring along too. It was a busy week, but it was so nice to be spending time creating things. I finished off a stash I had for making aprons, and also baby bibs. I also made some mini journal / scrapbooks too. Too bad having fun didn't translate into money for me though. I didn't sell a single item besides cupcakes, and only sold about 15 of those. So, for me, the markets were bust, but I think I know where I went wrong - I'm not much of a sales person it seems. We might be doing them again in a month, so I'll get my game on then (I tell myself).  And make a sign. No one really noticed me sitting behind my cupcake stand. Anyhow, here is what we came up with:

I made and finished off a bunch of aprons:







I made a bunch of new baby bibs from a classic vintage pattern:






I made a bunch of journals too, with stickers, and labels, and lots of different kinds of paper & envelopes.






Here is a page by page example, with repeat pages left out. There are over 70 pages of new and recycled, and some hand made papers to use for journaling, scrapbooking, or notes:











And then I made a heap of cupcakes (mocha, chocolate, vanilla, cotton candy/ fairly floss, key lime, strawberry & cinnamon roll), which were packaged in take-out containers:




Here are some shots from the markets:


Laura made some gorgeous hair combs & headbands too:


The girls had racks of clothes and shoes, there was so much stuff!









4 comments:

leahandmichael November 15, 2010 at 3:30 AM  

so cute Kath!! and good for you just to get some stuff out there! i would have totally bought one of those aprons for me, and a bib for a heidi. and then eaten a cupcake while perusing the vintage goodies... a perfect saturday morning...

and happy birthday for tomorrow!!!

Heidi November 16, 2010 at 6:42 AM  

I LOVE the bibs!! They're my absolute favorite and not so baby-ish that they're good for years. The one you gave me is still our go to bib. I'd have totally bought more.

Judy November 26, 2010 at 4:27 AM  

What neat stuff! I'm curious as to what you used the paint chips for. You just gave me a great idea!