My Instagram Feed

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sad Anniversary

My Grandfather died a year ago today. I think about him and my surviving Grandmother every day. I miss them so much, Grandpa being in heaven, and Grandma back in BC (Canada). I was reading my old blog from today's date, and thought I would re-post the same verse I noted then:

2 Corinthians 1:3-7

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ.
But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer;
and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort.

I am trying not to let things get to me, and worry about things out of my control. I am so thankful for my faith. It's times like these when I see how God really does carry me through. We'd have no hope without Him.

There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, Who rides the heavens to help you, And in His excellency on the clouds. The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms;
Deuteronomy 33:26

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 17, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

HI Kath! I just went thru all the blog posts I'd missed while we were gone! The paska looks amazing- much bettert han what I have made in the past!

I hope both you and Adam are on your way to healing .... wish I were there to maybe make things a little easier.

Thanks for your posting re grandpa's passing - those verses are so reassuring. We had a time of rememberance with Grandma last night - it was good to be together.

Love you! MOM