My Instagram Feed

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

After eating store bought cookies for the last 10 weeks or so, I can't bear to eat another. I braved the swollen foot I now have, and left a huge mess in the kitchen - mainly on the floor - and finally made something from scratch. My first REAL baking since before Christmas. These cookies are incredible. I remember baking similar ones when I lived at home, but I couldn't remember the recipe. But I knew the secret ingredient (instant pudding), so I searched online until I found the right one.

I don't think I will ever make another plain ol' choc chip cookie again. These are just too good. And this batch makes tons, so you can save some in the freezer, or just freeze the dough, like I do, and then you can have the cookies one of two ways (frozen and chopped up in some ice cream, or bake them).

Without further ado: Carol's Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chippies! Even though I am a chocolate lover, I prefer the vanilla ones.



2 comments:

Sharon April 3, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Hi Kath
I was going to ask you for that recipe. They looked so amazing. What pudding mix do you use? Did you use the nuts? Is All purpose flour plain flour? Sorry so many questions. Also I think your mix master is going on my wish list. I can't remember what it's called again? I will have to check them out and maybe lay by or something.

Unknown April 4, 2009 at 1:05 AM  

Any instant pudding will do...I still don't know brand names here, so I'm not sure what I used. It was in blue packaging...no nuts either - I don't like nuts in baking. yep, all purpose is plain flour...and I have a kitchenaid, which I love!