My Instagram Feed

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Break

I have to take a break from recovery for a while. Seems my new found muscle strength is causing other problems. I've already taken two weeks off now. Two weeks ago at physio I got an ultrasound treatment and a massage. Same thing today too, and I will be going back next week for another treatment.

Tracey, my physiotherapist says it's normal, considering, but it's just too bad. I was excited to be getting back into exercising again. I'd like to get back into shape, and then some, but it's important to really go slowly. I don't know exactly what I am doing to my heel area, but she says it's better to let things settle down than risk another injury. What can I do? It's really frustrating. If it gets worse, I will need to be immobilized! I can't even casually point my toes, let alone do the heel raises and jump rope.

Seriously, who'd have thought a broken ankle would take this long to heal? It's consumed my entire year so far (except the first two weeks of Jan). When I think of it like that, it's beyond frustrating. Most of this year was spent lying in bed! It makes me want to scream and cry; this was my last year of my 20's, and I laid in bed. The remainder of the year has been spent trying to walk again, trying to find relief from nerve pain, and now, just trying to live normally. I have an ankle-related appointment of some sort just about every week. I do far more driving than I ever have, yet do far less recreational activities than ever. Uhhhhhggg!!!!

0 comments: