My Instagram Feed

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Inspiration

If this site isn't inspiration for me to learn to walk again (ok, I'm being a little dramatic), I don't know what is! I can't wait to be able to stand on my own two feet again and BAKE. I am in LOVE with this blog, Bakerella. She is amazing, and super generous with giving away recipes, and showing us how to decorate, and telling us about cool products, and giving things away. I mean, look at this creation!


Mom, I think I have decided to spend my Xmas money on baking supplies, like some new cake pans, and some piping and decorating tools, and who knows what else...I need to do some research.

The less I have the option to eat cake, the more I want it. I keep trying to talk Adam into making me some chocolate cupcakes, but to no avail. I think I will be cake-less until I can manage a way around the kitchen by myself. But, I think that day is coming soon, as this is now day 2 of pain that is bearable, for the most part. I think these drugs ARE starting to work. They must be. This is the first day where spending it mainly in bed has been frustrating. Until now, I have been quite happy to try and sleep my days away. This is 5.5 weeks on, now.

4 comments:

The Vintage Rose February 21, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

That cake is just waiting to be enjoyed! I hope you don't have to wait too long to get into the pain clinic. I was just wondering if aromatherapy might bring some relief, I'm not sure what oils you would need to use and it would be as well as medication.
talking about inspiration I wish I could remember who showed swan shaped cream puffs - somewhere in blogland, ggogle it maybe?!

Unknown February 21, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

I asked the Dr about natural remedies, and he said only possibly acupuncture might help with the nerve issues. But I think oils might, at the very least help me to relax more...I am taking vitamins as well...I googled swan cream puffs, and it looks like there are a few versions around. They look SO good.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Apricot-Swan-Cream-Puffs

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

HI Kath! I have baked a similar cake for Dad a few times - called Prinzentorte I believe. It may not have had that many layers but it was very yummy. You spread the cake batter on circles cut out of waxed paper. If I wasn't trying to diet I would make it again! Mom

Judy February 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Oh...that looks so good. I am bookmarking that site!