My Instagram Feed

Monday, March 9, 2009

7.5 Weeks and Counting...

Here are a few more photos from 7 weeks on. Looking good, if I do say so myself. Feeling still quite nervy though. But I am sleeping a lot better, woohoo! Time to look for new work again, I guess.




(Gross foot skin. I don't use it, so it doesn't come off! And it's very sensitive, so scrubbing is kept to a minimum)

I started some physio last week, and even in 5 days, I have noticed a difference. I have to do this toe scrunching exercise on a towel, and for the first 4 days, I couldn't at ALL. Now, I am seeing some progress! Here's a little video of my attempts. It's kinda funny, I thought. It looks like I have a bionic foot, and the wiring isn't quite worked out yet.


(redness is still fading, looking good!)

(bending joint downwards - almost there...)

(bending joint upwards, long way to go yet)

(toe scrunching is at an all time low, but getting better)

And should have the nerve thing sorted soon...still waiting for that appointment though.

3 comments:

Sharon March 9, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Looking good Kath. I like the sound of the lavender spray I will have to look out for the witch hazel.. and give it a try.

Anonymous,  March 10, 2009 at 4:52 AM  

Hi Kath- Thanks for the post so we can see your progress! Sounds like things are coming along finally! So glad the worst is over!

And...you can be thankful you don't have to contend with sno & ice like we have had are are experiencing again! Windchill of -20. for tonite...burrrrhh....mom

Unknown March 10, 2009 at 10:23 PM  

Wow, that is cold! Yes, though an Aussie summer is not ideal for a broken leg, it's been not too bad, and I am glad I don't have to deal with ice! I just miss the swimming part a lot. And supposedly the water is really warm now! Boo.