My Instagram Feed

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Biscuit, the North American Kind

Biscuit here means cookie, but I made the biscuits native to Canada, albeit with a store bought mix. (I'm not quite up to making anything from scratch just yet - I'll wait a few more weeks until I can stand on my own two feet). It's funny too, because a new favorite blog of mine posted a biscuit recipe just a few days ago, almost at the same time I was making them. Her's look a lot nicer than mine, but mine sure hit the spot anyway! I remember Mom always making biscuits when I was little, and I always got them stuck in my throat because I would be gobbling them down like a maniac. But man were they good. And Grandma introduced me to adding cheese in them, which I plan to do next time. There is nothing like home made food coming out fresh from the oven and smothering it with butter. Mmmm.



1 comments:

troro - the artists behind March 18, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

They look yummmmy !
I am following your blog... and looking forward to see you turning the page on this difficult period and just go on with your life.
Keep doing good !!!