My Instagram Feed

Friday, March 27, 2009

Asian Salad

Ok, time for another salad recipe...

(I kinda like this over exposed version, but it doesn't make it look all that appetizing)

This time I kind of made it up a little. Since we are so diggin the crumbed chicken, it now goes into everything we eat. Sometimes I even crumb it and add some taco seasoning for fajitas, or some other mexican variation. Yum. But that's besides the point.


OK, it looks like a lot of ingredients, and it is, but its easy.

Ingredients:
package of Chinese Noodles
Lettuce (optional)
Cabbage
Green Onions
Peanuts, or almonds
Mandarin Oranges, from a can
Crumbed Chicken (as per other salad recipe)

Dressing (as my noodle bag tells me):
¼ cup White Vinegar
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tblsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Sesame Oil (Optional)
½ cup Olive Oil

Mix all the ingredients of the dressing in a bowl, over low heat. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Cool. Crumb and fry chicken pieces. Chop up some cabbage and lettuce, and if you have fussy eaters, like I do / am, put the peanuts, oranges and noodles into separate bowls, and people can take what they want. Toss salad with dressing, and add noodles just before serving. Yummm.

0 comments: