My Instagram Feed

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ranch Chicken Salad

Here is a LOVELY recipe my friend Nicole made us the other week. It's perfect for those hot summer days, when you don't feel like eating all that much, or preparing a roast (yeah right). But it's still filling enough to satisfy all the carb and protein cravings.


Ranch Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
Chicken Breast
Potatoes
Bacon
Salad Mix
Carrots
Tomatoes
Cheese
Avocado
Bread Crumbs
Ranch Dressing (I like the Paul Newman stuff!)

Instructions:
Cook potatoes until almost done, but still firm (either in micro, or on stovetop). Dice bacon and fry, and in the meantime, dice chicken breast. Set bacon aside when done.

Dice potatoes, and coat with bread crumbs (you can add other herbs or salt & pepper to bread crumbs if you want). Then coat chicken breast in crumbs.

Shallow fry chicken breast in same pan as bacon (I like the flavour). Make sure to have hot oil in the frying pan. The trick to keeping the bread crumbs on is to not turn them much. Add potato when meat is almost done. Add bacon at the end just to heat up.


In the meantime, wash lettuce mix, dice carrots, tomato, cheese, and avocado. Toss with Ranch dressing, and add hot potato/chicken/bacon just before serving. Mmmmm.


Except I hate tomato, and so I left it out :)

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

Yummy - I have to try that soon! Mom