My Instagram Feed

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

20 Weeks & Sick

(I meant to post this on the 4th!)

Well, I got the flu, the one I thought I would avoid, since I haven't been sick in over 2 years. I don't know how I've managed to avoid getting sick (minus some tonsillitis for a good few months last year, but I felt fine, I just couldn't swallow).

Last night I think I was hot with a fever, since I dreamed that I bought my sister Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle candles from a little favorite shop of mine, and I woke up very mad at myself for spending money on some stupid lame candles, when I could have got such other cool stuff. It took me a while to realize I may have been hallucinating somewhat. The dream was so vivid.

And, just in time for Physio, I got a splitting headache and runny nose. But I'm too freaked to miss physio. I'm scared of all the things still from last week, but a slight fear of my joint seizing up, and leaving me in this constant ski-boot stage is not a nice thought. I must have hyper-vigilance. Re-reading this sounds mental. I know I'll be fine...eventually...right?

But, after some hard core manipulation on my joint, I was able to move about 2cm away from the wall, and still touch it with my knee. Last week was hit or miss, keeping the flexibility I had obtained, so I think this week might be much the same. Jessie (my physio guy) noticed that I was a lot more swollen than usual, which I have also been noticing in the past 2 weeks. I am supposed to spend more time resting than I have, and elevate my foot again.


The swelling looks so yuk, and feels all squishy and liquidy. I don't like it one bit. I have one cankle now. My ankles used to be such a nice feature, second only to my nose (which has so far managed to stay cute and little). So now I have lost half of my second best feature. But, such is life, right? I'm not going to have nice ankles forever anyway. Anyhow, I have bigger fish to fry than a measly cankle, like, say the fact that rest of my body could stand to lose a bit of "swelling".

0 comments: