My Instagram Feed

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

TexMex

We're in love with Mexican food. I don't know how Mexican it even is, but if there is some Old El Paso involved, we're in. Here's another great meal, if you're lazy, and a great app dish to bring to parties.




Ingredients:
Refried Beans
Guacamole (or whatever lame excuse you can whip up)
Sour Cream
Mayo (optional)
Taco Seasoning
Cheese
Tomato
Green onions
Olives, etc (optional)

Method:
1. Spread a layer of refried beans in a large flat bowl or dish. 

2. Smash up an avocado, and make some guacamole. I don't know how to make it, so I just do whatever seems right. I add some lemon juice, a bit of sour cream, and some taco seasoning - pretty lame. I'm sure there are MUCH better recipes out there....anyhow....spread onto bean layer.

3. Mix up quantities of sour cream & mayo (half and half) & taco seasoning. I don't measure, I just dump stuff into a bowl until it looks ok. Make it to taste, you don't need mayo, but it does add some flavour.  Spread onto guacamole layer.

4. Sprinkle grated cheese on top. I used a pizza mix, but cheddar is probably best.

5. Chop up any veggies you like, and add on top. (Tomato, Green onion, Olives, etc...)

6. Spoon on to a plate and serve with nacho chips, and sometimes, when we eat this for dinner, we'll add some seasoned ground beef on the side.

Yummmmmm

0 comments: