My Instagram Feed

Saturday, June 13, 2009

21 Weeks

Phew, physio was tough this week. And I did not make much progress. I'm about 2.5 cm (1") from the wall now, if even that. No point in a photo, as it doesn't look much different. I tried some more strength exercises to see if my muscle has built up at all. I cannot, for the life of me, lift myself up on my tippy-toes with my bad leg. My good leg is no problem. I can even balance on my tippy-toed good leg. I also took my measurements again, and I am now 1.5" smaller than my good leg (not 2", as I was right after surgery) around my calf & quad. Not sure if that has to do with muscle gain or loss, since I didn't write down the measurements, just took note of the differences. I do feel a little better, like it's getting easier to walk downstairs. For the first time yesterday, I didn't use the handrail as I walked downstairs. Anyhow, not much to take note of this week.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 17, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

HI! Don't despair about the healing process - you know that over the years my knees have been bad off and on - and many times I have had to use the handrail to go down the stairs. But after I lost a few pounds and started to walk more, eventually I got so that I can run down the stairs without thinking about it. Every once and awhile the old feeling comes back but mostly it is so good not to even notice - and I'm sure that will happen to you eventually too - just have to keep working at it!!

Love, Mom